The COMBLAB is a Comenius Multilateral Project (2012-2014) funded by the EACEA (Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency). Project Number 517587-LLP-1-2011-ES-COMENIUS-CMP The acronym COMBLAB is composed from the following words -Competencies for MBL Laboratory. The main objective of the project is to provide a complex support of implementation and employment of ICT and MBL for measurement in secondary (and primary) school laboratory. The motivations of COMBLAB project are:
- to contribute to give tools to science teachers to enhance Scientific, ICT and transversal competencies in secondary school students.
- to create synergies between groups of teachers that are working on the topic and the educational authorities of the participating countries.
- to obtain a common framework for teaching materials in the field.
- we would like to prepare and evaluate a set of good teaching materials that help students to develop basic scientific and transversal competencies.
- Obtain research based teaching materials to enhance students ‘acquisition of science competencies through ICT real time experiments. There is no an established way of using this technology in science classes, and COMBLAB aims to contribute to create a new framework.
- Obtain research based teacher training materials to enhance the mentioned competencies. As ICT real time experiments are a new technology, few teacher training materials are available, and in the project we aim to develop such materials.
- Share within the consortium and to disseminate the outcomes in a public website and in the future in national and international conferences and journals.
- Create a community of teachers/researchers from different countries of the consortium to exchange experiences and good practices in the field. To contact with existing communities.
- Create synergies with national and local education authorities of each of the countries of the consortium to promote that the use of the outcomes of the project is taken into account both in initial and continuous teacher training.
- We also, with connection to the objectives above, aim to prepare research-based teaching materials for secondary and hihg school students.
Beneficiaries of the initiative:
Pupils and school levels involved:
- General secondary education (11/12 to end of compulsory education or even beyond)
- Further Education, Higher Education (post 16)
- teacher trainers (school/technology)
The COMBLAB team is composed by six partners from five countries:
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain, coordinating institution),
- Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic),
- University of Vienna (Austria),
- University of Barcelona (Spain),
- Bel Matej University (Slovakia),
- University of Helsinki (Finland).